Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed legislation in 1954 to change the name to Veterans Day as a way to honor those who served in all American wars. The day honors military veterans with parades and speeches across the nation. A national ceremony takes place at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
America is the Land of the Free, because of the brave. Veteran’s Day celebrates and acknowledges the service of all United States Military Veterans. Today we honor the brave men and women who have served in the American Military. With great respect, and a heart full of pride, we say a great big THANK YOU to those who have served. Please hop with us as we pay homage to the people who help keep America the Land of the Free.
Today I have created an 8.5 by 11 layout with my husband's picture from the Army.
Red layer - 8.5 by 11
Cream layer - 8.25 by 10.75
Blue layer - 8 by 10.5
American Pride was cut using the Stand and Salute Cricut Cart at 3.5 inches.
The flag was cut from the same cart at 3.472. I adhered it with foam tape and bent it to make it look like it was waving in the wind. Not sure I achieved that look, but I tried.
I then simply matted the picture, and adhered it to the layout using foam tape.
Pretty simple project, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
**Now, for some blog candy:**
Blog candy includes one handmade card, a handmade gratitude journal, and a petite perks "Nature's Delight" stamp set from Close To My Heart.
To win the blog candy, please become a follower of my blog, leave a comment on this post with a way for me to contact you, AND please leave each of the ladies some love on their blogs. I will choose a winner using random.org on Friday, November 16, 2012.
Next, you should go to Robin's blog. Happy hopping!
In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire lineup:
1 . Melissa Lipcsey - http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com/
2. Robin Carroll - http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
3. Marji Franklin- http://www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com/
4. Sharon Littrell-http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com/
5. Robin Lane - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
6. Susie Gerdes - http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/
7. Jenn Jackson - http://scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com/
8. Charity Thebookinroom - http://thebookinroom.blogspot.com
9. Camille Short - http://shortonideasaz.blogspot.com/
10. Suzanne - http://www.zannieberry.blogspot.com
11. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com