Thursday, November 1, 2012

Scrapbook Friday: Fall


It's Scrapbook Friday again at My Cricut Craft Room. Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see what I've made to share today. The theme is Fall. Anything to do with Fall. I don't know about you guys, but Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. As a matter of fact, it's my husband's favorite time of year too, which we why we had an outdoor Fall wedding. Pure bliss. Anyways, let's get down to the nitty gritty. :)

For my layout, I used the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive, "Thanksgiving" which happened to be free the week I made this project. BUT, it has such cute cuts, it's worth the reasonable price it costs. :)


The "count your blessings" phrase was cut at three inches out of burgundy card stock. The pumpkin and it's layer was cut at four inches. I adhered them to a cream colored piece of card stock that is roughly eight by ten or so inches. I just kept cutting slivers off of it until I got it to where I liked it. I then layered that onto a piece of gray/blue and burgundy polka dot paper, which got layered again onto a twelve by twelve piece of paper. All the paper edges I roughed up with the edge of a pair of scissors. I wanted it to have a rustic feel, much like Fall. I even crumpled up the cream card stock layer a bit to add some texture.




The photo mat will hold a 4 x 6 photo. I added a piece of ribbon to the right hand side, and made some sort of crumply "flower" type embellishment. I originally wanted the strip of ribbon to be pleated, but that went horribly wrong, so I just sort of turned it into the flower "thing." A happy accident, after all. I added a few buttons, and called the layout done! :)



I hope this gives you some inspiration to create your own fall layout. I would love to see the projects you create on my Paper Shenaniganz Facebook Page. Just post your projects to my wall.

As always, if you like what you see, be sure to follow my blog.

If you'd like to see more Fall Layouts, please visit My Cricut Craft Room, to see what my Design Team sisters have made to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!