Monday, October 8, 2012

Feminine Birthday Gift

**If you're still hopping along with Erica and My Cricut Craft Room, click HERE to continue with day TWO of the October 100 Cricut Cart Blog Hop.**

Every time a holiday comes around where I have to make something for my mom, I always feel like I need to  top the last handmade gift I gave her. Her birthday was no different. I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time, which is make jewelry. I took some pretty paper, cut it into a long "banner" shape, and made paper beads with it. I then coated each bead with mod podge and let them dry overnight.

Next came the actual necklace making process. Something ELSE I haven't done in years. I ended up taking the necklace apart countless times. I couldn't tell you how many beads I dropped, either. Eventually, I got it all to come together, with my nerves barely in tact. LOL

I had to make a gift box and card to match, of course. She loved everything, and I loved making it for her.

Don't be afraid to try something you haven't done in a while. You might pleasantly surprise yourself! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!