Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Scrapbook Blessings Club DT - Special Occasion Card

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Melissa here to share a wedding card with you. We all know wedding season is upon us, so I thought it'd be fun to share this with you. Hope you enjoy. As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Tip of the Day: Use dry and wet embossing to really make your special occasion cards POP!

Front of card

This is called a criss cross card. Here is a Youtube TUTORIAL you can watch if you'd like to learn how to make it. Once you get the basic concept down, you can adjust it to be whatever size you want to fit your needs. I promise it looks harder than it is.

Here is the front and back of the insert piece. I stamped a sentiment, and embossed the back of the piece to match the front of the card. Again, to give it a special touch.

Front of insert piece
Back of insert piece

I wanted this card to be fairly simple in color scheme. I only used white (you could do off-white/cream also) and shiny gold cardstock.

Recipe:
  • White cardstock
  • Shiny gold cardstock
  • Fiskars border punch
  • Sentiment stamp
  • Gold embossing powder and Versamark or equivalent
  • Cuttlebug and embossing folder
I really hope you enjoy this card! Please feel free to come visit me at my blog. :)


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
Melissa
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!