Hello, hello! Welcome back to another project for MCCR. As you can see, the letter of the day is "E." I chose to make a layout. I really enjoy the beach, so I knew I had to scrap what is (to me) a perfect "e"scape. I hope you enjoy my project, and please let me know what you think! :)
First, I layered some "texture" onto my sand by sponging with Memento rich cocoa ink, and Versamark just to give it some depth. That wasn't enough for me, so I watered down some light brown acrylic paint, so it was a thinner consistency, and I splattered it onto my sand.
Next, I picked a bunch of papers that were different shades/patterns of blue. I cut them randomly, pieced them together, glued them down, then roughed up the edges to look more realistic like true waves.
Then I moved on to my title. I cut the word "perfect" using Plantin Schoolbook (Roly Poly) at 0.972. Once I got the letters sized appropriately, I welded them together so they would cut as one word, and not single letters. I repeated the process with the word "Escape" using the font from the Birthday Cakes cart. I cut "escape" at 1.958. I then added some faux stitching to the title using a white gel pen.
I wanted some sort of leaf accent for the title, so I found three leaves from the Home Accents cartridge, arranged them how I wanted, and then welded it to "escape." Here is a look at how I laid it out using CCR.
The leaves were cut at 2.514.
The yellow and blue flower is a chipboard embellishment.
Then, to make beach "grass" I found another flower I liked that resembled whimsical grass like you'd find on the beach. Using Home Accents, I cut the "grass" which is really a flower at 1.667, and 1.264 to get different sizes.
To make the wooden poles, I just cut a strip of brown cardstock and added "weathering" to it using my scoring board to give it a sort of random wood grain effect. Very simple, just make varying lengths of score lines all over. I then roughed up the edges using a pair of scissors, sanded the entire piece just a bit, and crumpled it up. I wanted it to look like weathered wood, not brand new posts. I attached some twine to it, and adhered it to the layout using foam tape.
I felt like the layout needed another little detail, so I found some castles on the Birthday Cakes cartridge, and cut them out in kraft cardstock at 1 inch, 1.222, and 1.389. I sponged them with the same rich cocoa ink I used on the sand.
The beach ball is a sticker I backed with cardstock, cut out, then adhered using foam tape.
Here is my finished layout:
To see more projects like this, please visit mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com